Rosa Damascena… Essential Oil / Absolute / Concrete / Rose Water
- BOTANICAL NAME: Rosa Damascena Mill.
- ORIGIN : Turkey,India & Bulgaria
- PRODUCTION METHOD : Steam Distillation
- PART(S) USED FOR PRODUCTION : Fresh Picked Flowers
- Harvest Period May - June
- Natural Status EU Natural
- Organoleptic Descriptors sweet, floral, spicy, rose, wine
- Common Applications rose, oriental, carnation, fetes, freesia, wallflower
- Appearance Pale yellow to yellow liquid
- CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:-
- Optical Rotation n/a
- Refractive Index @20? 1.4520 - 1.4700
- Specific Gravity @20? 0.848 - 0.880
- Flash Point ? 68°C
- Shelf Life 24 Months
- Storage Recommendations Sealed containers in a cool dark place. Check quality before use.
Rosa Damascena has many varieties, the most common of which is “Trigintipetala” which is particularly grown in India, Bulgaria and Turkey, as well as Morocco, Egypt, Iran, Syria, India, and the Caucasus for production of rose oil. Rosa Damascena also known as the Isparta Rose, Pink Oil Rose, Oil Rose,Rooh Gulab,Gulab Ruh, Gum Rose, Chios Rose, and Damask Rose is a pink colored, semi-double, perennial , thorny plant with a strong scent and high resistance to winter conditions.